How we work:
We are managed by the school and staffed by school staff members. We are able to take children from ages 4-11
We are open every weekday during term time, excluding Inset days, from 8.00 – 8.50am. Your child(ren) can be dropped off at any time between these times, however breakfast will be served at 8.15 am. Children can enter Breakfast Club through the porta cabin. Please could all parents/carers ensure that they sign their child into the Breakfast club.
Breakfast Club cost includes unlimited breakfast and activities. The cost does not change depending on the time you arrive. Payment can be paid weekly, monthly or termly but must be paid prior to the start of the week. Please do not send cash through the post. We do not offer credit. We reserve the right to refuse further bookings if the full fee is not paid. If you have payment issues please speak to the school office as we may be able to help.
Bookings must be made and paid for in advance through the School Money website.
Child Information Sheets:
Please fill in these forms with as much detail as possible. There is an emergency consent form, food allergy form and photography consent form. Each form should explain what it is for but please speak to us if you have any questions.
• Please enter Breakfast Club through the porta cabin. Ring the bell at the gate and we will let you in.
• We have some general terms and conditions that you must read and then sign the Contract of Agreement to say that you agree to adhere to them.
• It would be really useful if you could supply us with some extra information about your child that you think may be of relevance to us, for example SEN, behaviour issues, interests, food preferences etc. This will help us to accommodate their needs where possible.
• We are always open to new ideas, suggestions or thoughts regarding Breakfast Club as we do appreciate your feedback. Likewise if you have any problems or questions to do with Breakfast Club, please do come and speak to us.
• We offer a range of activities, mainly quiet ones such as computers, construction toys, small world toys and outside. This is because it’s early and we aim to let the children go to school in a calm manner!
• We offer unlimited breakfast such as toast, cereal, fruit, various spreads and drinks. This does change and is flexible as the needs and preferences of our children change too!
Aims of Breakfast Club:
We provide good quality childcare for the children of Townlands C of E Primary Academy aged between 4 and 11. We have experienced and enthusiastic staff. We aim to provide a nutritious and filling breakfast which will prepare your child for the school day. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for play and participation and we will ensure that your child(ren) have a safe and happy time at Breakfast Club.
Children and parents are encouraged to give their feedback to the services we provide which enables us to sustain and strive for the quality we aim for. We listen to the needs and preferences of the children and parents and try where possible to meet those needs for example particular foods or spreads. We encourage the children to use Breakfast Club as a social opportunity and at the same time to learn about the benefits of healthy eating. We all sit around the breakfast until we have finished eating, then quiet play or activities are chosen games or outside is made use of in better weather.
We provide unlimited food and we encourage all children to eat and drink something. We provide healthy food such as cereals and toast and various spreads. Again we rely on the feedback of the children to establish their preferences as they do change!