The school Governing Body is made up of governors with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences. We are all volunteers who work together with the aim of ensuring that the children at Townlands Primary Academy experience the very best education in a happy, caring and safe environment.
The Governing Body works closely with the Head teacher, Senior Leadership Team and Staff to set the strategic aim and direction of the school and to monitor progress. Some of our responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the school fulfills its statutory duties – ensuring polices and all other legal requirements are in place
- Reading reports, attending meetings and challenging the head teacher to ensure that the school is continually moving forward
- Ensuring that the curriculum is broad and balanced.
- Deciding and approving future development plans
- Supporting and challenging the performance of the Head teacher
- Overseeing the schools finance
Our governing body is made up of:
- Parent governors
- Foundation governors
- Co-opted governors
- Staff governors
- Head teacher
Our Governors serve a standard 4 years in office. The Chair and Vice-Chair of the FGB and supporting Committees are elected annually at the start of the Academic Year.