Townlands Christian Aims & Values
A journey of learning in the light of God’s love.
“What shall we say the Kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? It is like a mustard seed which is the smallest seed you plant in the ground. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds of the air can perch in its shade.” The parable of the Mustard seed - Mark 4:30-32
Our vision is underpinned by our Christian values of:-
- Faith – To have faith in God to support all the parts that make the school whole: Every child and adult is special to God.
(Hebrews 11:1 – now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see).
- Honesty – To be the best versions of ourselves in everything we do; to be honest and to learn from our mistakes. (Titus 2:7 – In everything, set them an example by doing what is good).
- Love – Promote a love for ourselves and each other in a nurturing, caring environment. (1 Corinthians 13:7 - It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres).
- Friendship – To be a nurturing community where we can flourish and grow together.
(philippians 2:4 - Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others).
- Forgiveness – To embrace every new day and recognise and celebrate the good in everybody and everything. (Colossians 3:13 – Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you).
- Hope – Hope gives us faith that God supports us on our journey especially when we face life’s challenges and gives us the strength to accomplish our goals in order to make the world a better place. (Psalm 25:5 – Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long).
- Respect – To learn to respect ourselves and to ensure a culture where every child and adult is respected and valued. (Luke 6.31 – Do to others as you would have them do to you).
Townlands was judged as Outstanding in our School Inspection of Anglican Church Schools (SIAMS) inspection in 2015. In 2019 we reviewed our vision and aims, in consultation with all stakeholders.
'A journey of learning in the light of God's love', our new vision, is underpinned by the Parable of the Mustard Seed. This story is a metaphor of Townlands, the school community growing together with firm roots. Light shining on the mustard tree assists growth; as the light of God’s love assists all stakeholders to grow spiritually, academically, morally and divinely.
As a Church of England school, we have agreed that our school Christian values are, Faith, Love, Respect, Friendship, Honesty, Hope and Forgiveness. These values underpin everything we do in school. Children across the school learn about and explore these values during collective worship and as part of their Religious Education lessons.